Perchaine Death and Memorial

Off-topic Discussions (politics, current events, sports, music, etc..)

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Perchaine Death and Memorial

Post by MorGrendel »

I was asked by Perchaine to pass this along. Let me know if you have any interest in doing a group donation.

Aiden Edward York, 18, of Lovettsville, died on Monday April 17 at his home. He struggled with depression and anxiety for years. Although his light burned brightly for those whose lives he touched, he was unable to light his own way through the darkness. A creative and enterprising young man, he had many interests and talents and is dearly missed by the many people from near and far who got to know him as a student, artist, and activist.

He was known locally for founding TinyCon, a cosplay convention for Loudoun youth, and providing encouragement and education to cosplayers online and at conventions up and down the east coast. He is survived by his parents, Chip and Anna-Marie York and sister Rona York, of Lovettsville, Uncle Jonathan Cook and Aunt Kim Mantica Cook of Sterling, Aunt Gail Bender of Springfield, Aunt Libby Johnson and Uncle Todd Johnson of Richmond, VA, and cousins Tristen and Brendan Cook, Steve and Kristin Bender, and Katie and Kelly Johnson, as well as grandparents Nancy and Dan Cook of Raphine, VA, and Betty and Henry York of Winchester VA, and his godparents, as well as scores of friends young and old.

In lieu of flowers, donations to honor this brave young man can be made to the Trevor Project.
https://give.thetrevorproject.org/checkout/donation
To dedicate your donation to Aiden’s memory:
check “Dedicate my donation in honor or memory of someone”
Type of donation “in memory of”
Honoree “Aiden York”
Recipient’s info: for.aidens.fire@gmail.com
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.