Storvik Baronial Birthday XXX, Sept 11-13

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

lilkender
Warrior In Training

Storvik Baronial Birthday XXX, Sept 11-13

Post by lilkender »

Of course the fighting will be on Saturday the 12th but you're welcome to camp out for the weekend. Please let me know if I should reserve space for Galatia in the camping area.

Tirzah will probably be looking for a few people to help serve the feast (starting about 6:30). For this, you get free leftovers. I keep hearing great things about Tirzah's feasts. If you would like to do that, I'll have them keep a list of feast volunteers at Troll.

Here's the info you probably care about:
Heavy Combat: William the Younger has planned a series of scenarios for melee combat based on the 14th century Hundred Years' War. Authorizations will start at 10am; fighting will start at 11am. There was some talk about doing the jugging game (from Blood of Heroes) before the fighting but I kinda doubt many people will be ready at that hour. Give me a holler if you would plan to do the game and I'll work on the details for it. It was requested by Black Spear.

Yes, it will be all melee, all day. Remember to take your site token with you to the MOL table. Make sure you have your authorization card and/or membership card before you leave the house!

I'm looking for some waterbearers.

There will be A&S stuff and A&S classes during the day and a bardic circle (or two) in the evening.

Cost:
Adult, member: $10 day-trip, $7 feast, $5 camping (for the weekend)
Adult, non-member: $13 day-trip, $7 feast, $5 camping
Child (0-18): $5 day-trip, $7 feast, $5 camping

Site: Patuxent River Park, 16000 Croom Airport Rd., Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Site Restrictions: Ground fires and grills are permitted in designated areas only. Pets welcome on leashes per State Law. Owners are responsible for controlling and cleaning up after their pets. The site is wet.

I'm the autocrat, so if you have any questions, just send them to me or ask me at Monday night practice.
-Kender
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Storvik Baronial Birthday XXX, Sept 11-13

Post by MorGrendel »

I think I may camp this event, anyone else?

OH BY THE WAY, rumor is we are the "bad guys" (Us and the East) at this event. Maybe we should camp "away" from the others . . .
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Don't know if I work or not. I would have to check.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
lilkender
Warrior In Training

Post by lilkender »

Since you're local, and my friends, I'll ask if anyone can come out Friday afternoon or evening to help set up some tents (MOL and day shades). You could troll in early, saving precious Saturday morning armoring-up time, and find space by the field for a Galatia dayshade, if you have one.

Speak up if you plan to camp out, so I know whether to save a block of land for Galatia.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Please save us a hunk of land. You will likely have me and Rachel, if not more Galatians.
Mor Grendel

Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

I am out for camping, and goinng to the event. I have to work. I thought we had a Dayshade. A pop up of some sort.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

What's your schedule? Maybe you can hang out by the fire.
Mor Grendel

Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

I'm thinking of camping but since schools about to start it will depend on homework. I should have an idea by tomorow.
Ratatosk
Freshmeat

Post by Ratatosk »

Hmmm. Seems I will be in the area that day for an educational type conference thing. I think I will stop by and check it out afterward. I have been dying for a chance to put on some garb since Pennsic ended. I will be sure to badger you guys for alcohol.
Lothar Goldentongue
Grandbastard of the Hospitallers
Knight of the Living Dead
Bailiff of Markland
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Okay, Finn has asked to have a 5 man team for a game of Jugging at this event at 1000. Not sure what it is. One of you guys might, but he basically issued a challenge. I can't make it cuz of work. But who plans on attending?
~Titus, the Thawed

hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

I don't think I can make it this weekend. Need to do stuff around the house. Have fun! :cry:
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
lilkender
Warrior In Training

Post by lilkender »

Aww, I'll miss all you who can't make it. I'll leave space for Galatia in the camping area, though.

The jugging game is like the game in Blood of Heroes. Sorta like football but with weapons. This will only go on if there are people ready to go at 10. It's not an official part of the fighting day.

There will also be rapier and archery, which didn't get into the original announcement.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I might be willing to play, but last time I did I broke a thumb, a tooth and someother part (I think it was my knee that finally did me in, though it may have been the tooth. I'm pretty sure I had a concussion).

Actually, on second thought, count me out.
Mor Grendel

MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Hey, so who's going . . . come on its in our backyard.
Mor Grendel

Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, All.

I'll be there.

Sincerely

Thomas