New Years Eve

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Rachel
Galatian Citizen

New Years Eve

Post by Rachel »

Ok I need a little feedback from you all. Who is interested in playing a murder mystery? Also I'd like a general notion of who can make it. Everyones invited Galatia -family & friends ect.

So generally heres whats up

murder mystery will be earlier leaving time for all the usual shenanigans. For dinner I'll be serving sourbraten, if its a large crowd I'll also make shepards pie, some salad too. The eruopean food theme is relevant as I'm planning on british beer for the dinner hour (yum,) a healthy intermission and then most likly boosey smoothies as that is a house favorite (& its healthyish.) If theres any interest I'm contemplating setting up some strategy games like risk and or scotland yards. Depending on the weather and some other stuff I may shoot some fire works -will haveto see on that one. We have some crash space here too if not everyone wants to drive home.

So please let me know so I can start making more specific plans and buying beer (my favorite form of shopping!!)

I'm greeting this new year with a special enthusiasum, having been made a citizen recently and (by NYE) having graduated from college and turned another year older (Dec. 29) it really feels like starting life a new -& I intend to celebrate accordingly!!
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: New Years Eve

Post by MorGrendel »

Sweet. Let me know what I can do to help/bring.

I'd do the murder mystery, as would Missy I'm sure.

(murder mystery for New Years, that's so us)
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Amand and I are in for the Murder Mystery Gala and we are getting a sitter so we can stay and play! :mrgreen:
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Steph and I will have to play it by ear with everything coming up, but otherwise I'm sure it would be fun! I volunteer to be the sucker who gets shot/stabbed/bludgeoned/etc!
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

As i havent recieved a work schedule yet i dont know my plans yet. so count me in bc it sounds fun.
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

Hey the sites back up!! So yea, New Years Eve/ tomorow, fun and games, starting around 8 or whenever you want to show up, unless theres a terrible ice storm I'll let you know as soon as I do. Cheers.
ulalaula
Galatian

Post by ulalaula »

Hey yo! Me and Kevin are in for the party and the murder mystery aspect too... sorry for the late notice. Is there anything you need us to bring? Also, is it cool if we stay the night? [Don't really wanna drive on the roads with all those crazies out there.] Just let us know! thanks a bunch for hosting!
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

Yes you can stay the night we have various crash space avalible. the murder mystery is just going to be a silly fun game of myown creation as to allow maximum flexability. If there is good moonlight (blue moon) then it may be outside. See you all soon, I expect things will get rolling around 8, if you want to come earlier to avoid driving in the dark any time is fine, it gets dark at 5pm here these days.
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Steph and I will be there.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
Bash
Galatian

Post by Bash »

is the hot tub open ?
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

Yes, no street clothes, (ie bathing suit or naked) no bodily fluids(none!) have fun.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Unfortunately, Becky and I will not be able to come tonight. I appologize for that! I wish you all a Happy New Year!!!
My love for you is like a truck..
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Very fun party, thank you for hosting.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, Rachel.

Sorry, I missed your party. I thought I had replyed earlier. But, I must not have have. Thank you for calling to let me know about it. I don't have a computer at home so sometimes I miss things if I am not at work . Then when you called we got cut off most likely my fault. hope you got the messaged I left exlpaining why I couldn't make it .

Sincerely

Thomas
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

Yes my phone enventually gave me your message, it started acting up on me a bit. I hope you had a wonderful new years, that goes for the rest of you who counldn't make it as well. I am still catching up on sleep myself.