4/9-11 - Celt Wars - SCA - Anglesey

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

4/9-11 - Celt Wars - SCA - Anglesey

Post by MorGrendel »

So Celt Wars is in our backyard. We should attend in force!

Whose with me?
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Re: 4/9-11 - Celt Wars - SCA - Anglesey

Post by hypo »

I HATE YOU ALL!!!!! LOL! Amanda wants me to help out with the Allview yard sale. But we will see. maybe I can still make it to the war. I hope! :D
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

Wish I could but I told my sis I'd babysit months ago
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, All.

I should be there.

Sincerely

Thomas
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Sorry, going to see Phantom of the Opera that day.
My love for you is like a truck..
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Well just poop in my hat... Warlord, you going?
Mor Grendel

Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

If i can get off work, otherwise nope.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

im in!
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Does not look like I can get off, sucks.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Is the fighting on sat or sun?
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Skutai
Freshmeat

Celt Wars

Post by Skutai »

Short notice, but y'all are welcome to join us at Celt Wars this weekend:

The tribes are gathering again to strive against each other in armed combat and celebrate general foolishness. Join the amassed Celts and friends for melees, a pot luck dinner and Sasparilla Social, and a bardic brouhaha or two.

Fees:
• It’s $5 per adult, kids under 5 are free, and the parents of older kids can offer us as much cash as they feel is appropriate to cover their kids’ stay.
• Daytrippers pay the same rate as campers.
• Please find Lanea and pay up during daylight.

Dogs:
• Dogs are welcome on-leash throughout the park.
• If you plan on bringing pooches, please make sure to keep a close eye on them when they meet other dogs who are new to them or with whom they’ve had confrontations in the past. Also be prepared for your dog to come in close contact with horses.
• If your dog can’t play nice with children, adults, or other dogs, leave your dog at the sitter’s. If your dog becomes a danger to anyone, including itself, we’ll ask you to leave.
• If your dog pees on an armor bag, run. Run. Very. Fast.

Everything else:
• This is not an official event—it’s an unofficial, extended practice with a party attached. You do not have to be authorized to fight at Celt Wars, but you do have to fight safely and be polite.
• If you want to participate in the potluck on Saturday night, bring a dish to share with 6 to 8 others. Feel free to organize additional communal meals.
• Many of the fire rings at our site have functional grills, and civilization is right over yonder if you need any supplies.
• Because Little Bennett is a state park, it is a dry site. Skutai and Lanea have no desire to search coolers or sniff mugs, however, and as long as no original containers are visible, and no bottles or cans are left at the site, all is well. Police yourselves and your campmates, don’t give alcohol to minors, and don’t drive drunk. Nuff said.
• Each person must pack out their own trash.
• We’ll have portos at our site but no water supply. Bring plenty of water.
• The main campground has water and shower facilities, but they are a far piece from our primitive campsite. You’ll probably be charged a few bucks to get into the main park to shower.
• Once you set up your campsite, move your cars to the designated parking area.
• If you would like us to set aside a specific area for you and yours to camp in, get me a paid pre-registration and we’ll work it out. Otherwise, everyone can just pick their spots as they show up. If there is enough interest, we can set aside an area specifically for families bringing kids.
• If you have general questions, contact Lanea at crazylanea@gmail.com, (home) 703-968-9434, or (cell) 703-626-0909.
• Paid pre-registrations are lovely.

Directions:
Here is the campfire itself on Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 3&t=h&z=18

• Make your best way to 270 North, north of Rockville.
• Take exit 18 Clarksburg Rd/121.
• Make a right at the end of the ramp onto Clarksburg Rd./121 heading north-east.
• At the light at Gateway Center Dr, take a left.
• Go to the stop sign, and take a right back on to Clarksburg Road.
• Keep in mind that our camp site, the Primitive area, is not in the main park, do not be swayed by the signs directing you to the main camping loops. There are harpies there, or something. Quite dangerous.
• Go straight through the light at the intersection of 121 and 355, and travel approximately two miles.
• Cross the little bridge over Little Bennett Creek and make an immediate right into the gated parking area. There should be a banner or spear or head-on-stick to make you feel comfortable in your surroundings. Swing the gate open, drive through, and swing it closed behind you. This keeps the strangers out. Follow the crumbling, formerly-paved road along the stream, past the old Schoolhouse, and up the hill. Keep following the road until you find us.

Cheers,
Skutai
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Good Day, Chris.

The fighting has always been on Sat. So far only jeff chris and I any. Do you guy 's want to car pool? I can't stay late.

Sincerely

Thomas
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Dan said he was in. I cant stay late either. My minivan can hold 5 plus gear so im game for carpooling.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Thomas, It may take you longer to drive up here, then to head West an meet us there.
Mor Grendel

Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Good Day, Jeff.

Your most likely right, I'll see you lads there. I plan on 11:00 ish

Sincerely

Thomas