Dungeon War

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Dungeon War

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, All.

So, who is going and would anyone like to car pool ?

Sincerely

Thomas
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Dungeon War

Post by MorGrendel »

I'm going. I don't know what my plan is yet because people keep adding things to the schedule...

FYI: All, do not call me the night before looking for Markland Weapons. Don't be lame like Doug and have to sit home Yardsailing. Worst Viking ever! (get it, ha)
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Hardy Har Har HAR!
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

So is it just Thomas an I? Warlord, you need to start calling peeps. I'm having a weapon building day at my house tomorrow. Don't call me Saturday.
Mor Grendel

Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

I plan on going
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Good Day, Jeff and Rachel.

Do you want to meet up at jeff's and drive up togather, at about 9:30? I may have Gregor. I have not heard if he is going or not, I'll contact him to find out. I thought doug had said he and the family were going in the other dungeon war thread. I'll bring and great sword and a hand an a half for rachel and few short swords and a pole arm or two. plus a couple quives of arrows and bow for kiara. Jeff it is not that I am allowing people not to take responsibility for their own weapons.( which I guess I am) But, I just like having the full team there. So, if they don't have the excuss "I don't have a markland weapon" maybe they will come. In all the different sports I've played in over the years, I have allways provided the equipment to get people out. It is a selfish thing with me. I like playing with my friends. Which sometimes means I have to provide the means for them to play. I don't look on it as being taken advantage of. I use to be the guy who would always take responsibility for the group make all the arangements, do all the calling and the proding to get people out. As you know I am trying to get away from that. but I can't seem to let it go all the way.

Sincerely

Thomas
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Sir, I appreciate you taking the initiative, and I'm glad you are able to provide a safety net for the more and the merrier crowd; Our invited SCA friends will also appreciate it.

But... Padding a stick is no real feat, and I think every Galatian should have one at the handy. It is so much easier to recruit with padded sticks.

Thank you for your service,
- Bad Cop
Mor Grendel

Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

Well, to be honest I don't have a markland sword was my last excuses at this point so, well done Thomas, you got me.

Are markland arrows different from SCA arrows?

Is anyone else going? Yea, Doug, I thought I saw that too...

Meeting up at Jeff's sounds great to me
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Good Day, Jeff and Rachel.

Sir????? I did not know who you were talking about at first. I"m a archer and that is about as far from a Sir as you can get and still play this game. Bloody Peasant would be closer to the truth

Glad to hear you can make it Rachel! yah I hope doug and the rest can make it.

Markland does not allow baulder blunts. But the foam padded arrows are the same dimentions in both, the differents are the SCA has a plastic arrow guard under padding were markland uses a wooden dowel
and the shafts of SCA are fiberglass with tape were Markland are wooden with tape. finally the SCA has an APD for feathers were markland has feathers. On the whole the SCA arrows are much safer. almost indistructable and nothing that can fit threw a grill.

See you at jeff's saturday about 9:30

Sincerely

Thomas
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

even tho i cant make bc of work and my dads bbq, which every galatian is invited to plus family n friends because i know how much GALATIANS like FREE FOOD AND BEER AND YOU ALL LOVE MY DAD lol. Hope you guys can show OH and THOMAS MY DAD MADE A NEW WINE
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

a day of 40k at my house on sunday starting at noon
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!