Storvik War Practice

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Storvik War Practice

Post by MorGrendel »

http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_fly ... d=bf1e7e38

Storvik Novice and Unbelt Tourney
July 07-09, 2006
Barony of Storvik

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the 11th to the 13th Centuries, the Crusades provided an opportunity for many an un-tested warrior to prove his valor on the battle field. Before you set off on a pilgrimage to war this summer, test your skills against your own countrymen before you test your skills against the infidels.
Martial Activities: Authorizations: Being only a few weeks before Pennsic War, this is a great time to get authorized. Novices looking to participate in the Tourney, and those seasoned veterans trying out a new weapon style should arrive early, as we expect there are many who will need to be authorized. (Marshall’s who are available to help out with authorizations, please contact the Autocrat). Novice Tournament: This tournament will be exclusively for warriors who have been authorized for and practicing any form of heavy combat for less than one year. Un-belt Tournament: This is the tournament for those who are no longer novices, but have not yet been knighted. Squires are welcome to take part in this tournament, and members of the Order of Chivalry are encouraged to support their squires and observe the brave fighters of our fair Atlantia. Melees: What pre-war event would be complete without melee practice? Our site has lots of open field and wooded areas for several different scenarios some which will include combat archery. Rapier and Youth Combat: TBD. Archery: There will be a Novice Target Archery Competition as well as an open tournament

Arts & Sciences Activities: The Crusades brought Middle Eastern art and science to the west, and western culture to the east. All entries should relate to the crusades in some way. All entrants (While supplies last) will receive a hand made Coptic style book for comments.

Novice A&S Competition: For artisans who have been practicing their craft for one year or less. You could be new to the Society or new to the discipline, true novices only please. Open A&S Competition: The theme is the crusades, so please relate your project to a location and time period appropriate. Keep in mind that the Crusades took place over several centuries, and people from all over Europe and the Middle East were involved. Open Display: Please bring out any of your favorite projects new or old. Many novices would love to learn about your projects.

Cost:

Adult, Member: $11.00 Day-Trip $ 7.00 Feast
Adult, Non-Member: $14.00 Day-Trip $ 7.00 Feast
Child (6-17): $ 0.00 Day-Trip $ 7.00 Feast
Child (0-5): $ 0.00 Day-Trip $ 7.00 Feast

Cost Notes: Event fee includes camping on Friday and Saturday night at this beautiful yet rustic site.

Site: Marietta Mansion is a rustic site located at 5626 Bell Station Road, Glenn Dale, MD, 20769-9120 the site will open at 6 p.m. Friday, July 7 and close 3 p.m. Sunday, July 9. There are poratolets and rustic camp (simple tap water) showers.

Site Restrictions: No Pets, No original Containers.

Feast: Feast will be prepared by Head cook Lady Tirzah MacCudden Chief minion Lady Orla Cary With many helpers!
The first course: The second course: The third course:
Pickels of Artichocks Roast Chicken with Orange-Cinnamon sauce Suckling Pig Farced
Pickels of Cowcombers Langouste with White sauce Sparagus with Cream
Pickels of Red beets Salat of Lemon & Oranges Mushrums after the Olivier
Ramequin of Onions & Garlick Eggs with Bread Red Carrots with Brown butter & onion
Eggs farced Lentils Potage of Rasberries
Cream of Pistaches

Merchants: We have plenty of shady space close to the tourney fields for merchant booths. Please let us know ahead of time if you will be coming, so we may plan accordingly. There will be no merchant fees, but all merchants will be expected to pay the regular site fee. Lady Margaret of Hollingford (Holli Hartman), 301 G St SW #409 Washington, DC 20024 Email: ladyhollingford@yahoo.com, (202) 479-2633 (NLT 10pm)

Autocrat: Lady Beatrix von Leipzig (Crystal Wygal), 5903 Osage St Unit 2 Berwyn Heights MD, 20740. (301) 412-9939, Email: beatrixherald@yahoo.com

Reservations: Arianna of Storvik (Sarah Bucannan), 8764 Old Colony Way, Alexandria VA, 22305. (202) 744-8467, Email: Sarah.Buchanan@fcps.edu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions:
From south of 495: Washington Beltway on 95. Merge onto I-495 E/I-95 N/CAPITAL BELTWAY toward BALTIMORE. Merge onto MD-202 E/LANDOVER RD via EXIT 17A toward UPPER MARLBORO. Turn LEFT onto LOTTSFORD RD. Turn LEFT onto MD-193 W/ENTERPRISE RD. Continue to follow MD-193 W. Turn LEFT onto BELL STATION RD. End at 5626 Bell Station Rd, Glenn Dale, MD 20769-9120 US.
From the north: Make your best way to MD 295 (Washington Baltimore Parkway). Merge onto MD-295 S. Take the exit toward MD-193/GREENBELT/GODDARD SPACE FLIGHT CENTER. Take the ramp toward MD-193/COLLEGE PARK/UNIV OF MD/GLENN DALE/NASA. Turn LEFT onto SOUTHWAY. Turn LEFT onto MD-193 E/GREENBELT RD. Continue to follow MD-193 E. Turn SHARP RIGHT onto BELL STATION RD. End at 5626 Bell Station Rd, Glenn Dale, MD 20769-9120 US.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

For those concerned,
Finn said the melees start around 2:30-3:30 on Sat. He is camping Sat, as am I.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

partly cloudy, highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s. I guess i'm camping too =)
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

damn it.. 2:30-3:30?! Well shit, I hope they don't last too long.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Do you have to be somewhere on saturday night?
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

yeah work at 6. I asked off for Sunday because I was originally told that the melees were on Sunday like they were last year.