Speaking of Ski Trips

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Speaking of Ski Trips

Post by ahrimen »

Hey Galatia,
this is Theresa.

Dan and I are thinking of taking a ski trip to Blue knob ski resort this year in February.
There are anywhere from 2-8 people condos/lofts, so depending on who would be able to come would determine the exact cost. But it looks like if we had 8 people to fill the big condo, it would cost about $100/person for all 4 nights.
I was thinking either a Wed night-saturday night (home on Sunday), or a Friday-Monday night (home on Tuesday).
I am only budgeting in Snowboarding for 2 days and maybe a snow tubing day for another. But depending on your personal rentals/number of lift ticket days would determine your price. There's also military prices, and the prices are higher on weekends/holidays. Anyways, Dan and I will be doing a get away for sort of a Christmas/valentines day/ Dan's birthday presents rolled together, and we would love to make a fun group trip out of it with anyone that could do it. Let me know if there's a preference in dates before I check with Dan too... Dan has to figure out a good week at work too, so hopefully it all works out the way we hope. Also, we could possibly just shorten this to 2 or 3 nights instead of 4 if that is more affordable for everyone.

I am starting school at the end of January, and I know there are others in school. I would probably be missing a class or 2 for this with 4 nights, depending on how we work it out. But I'd just need enough time to plan those missed days with my teachers and stuff.
Here's the link for the resort:
http://www.blueknob.com/winter/index.php

Thanks everyone, hope ya'll can make it. Sorry the trip in January is not doable for us, but hope ya all have a great trip and be safe!
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Re: Speaking of Ski Trips

Post by boagrius »

kel and i are interested but we have to check scheds.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, Thresa.

If I don't break anything on the first trip I would up for another.

Sincerely

Thomas
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

that sounds good but i gotta check schedule, ill be just a month into the new company.
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

We might need to get 2 condos if we have enough people going...
I noticed that Blueknob has "March Madness" from March 8th until closing, which is 50% off all condos, lift tickets, and rentals, which would be a great deal... but I've never been skiing/snowboarding in March, and it sounds risky to me. Anyone else have an opinion about it?
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I like the idea of a June Ski trip, then there is 0% chance for snow. Missy and I are interested, but school, work, etc. etc.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, Dan.

March skiing is really risky in the mid atlantic region. Most of the slopes are usually closed except where they can make snow.

Sincerely

Thomas
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

There's nothing risky about mid-June. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

LOL, Jeff!!!!!!!
That means a 0% chance of falling on the ice! Where's the fun in that?!?
Actually, we've been thinking about it, and we are thinking this will be better to do as just 2 nights Friday and Saturday, home on Sunday (maybe snowtubing in the morning?).
This will make it cheaper, and easier bc of all the school schedules and childcare for some of us.
I know for myself I would probably be able to make my Friday morning class and then drive up right after.

But I think that's what we are going to do, atleast for Dan and I.

~Theresa
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Thomas Fitzcharles wrote:Good Day, Dan.

March skiing is really risky in the mid atlantic region. Most of the slopes are usually closed except where they can make snow.

Sincerely

Thomas
As Thomas stated, my boss (Big Skier) says the same thing about March really risky if they will even have any snow for you to even tube.
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

Well this is 4 hrs. into PA, so they might have a better chance of snow. I am going to call and find out what their March snow production is usually like.