Talbot Springs Fights

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Talbot Springs Fights

Post by MorGrendel »

Hmmmm, Remember when these used to be Galatia/Blackspear practices. How soon we are forgotten. I seem to remember four Galatians holding a bridge against the whole of of the practice. Well, only one way to fix that, roll out enmasse and remind "the best unit in Atlantia". I'm not say'n, I'm just say'n.

Hey troops,

It's time for us to resume our melee training! Our winter practices have been a regular feature of the household's fighting schedule and are critical to our continuing dominance on the field. Blackspear is the best unit in Atlantia, and these practices are what make us that way. Please put the following dates and times on your calendars and plan on attending! Note that I'll be extending the invitation to our friends in neighboring households. Please uphold Blackspear's honor by helping us show up to these practices in force!

As has been the case in the past, the practices will be held on Sunday mornings at 10. The first blows fall at 10 sharp, so please make sure you are at the field and armored up by 9:45. Practice will end no later than noon, giving folks time to get to their other Sunday obligations.

Dates: February 6, March 13, April 17
Location: Talbot Springs Elementary School, 9550 Basket Ring Road, Columbia, MD 21045
(This is the same location as our last couple of practices.)
Time: 10 a.m. SHARP. Plan on arriving at 9:30 so that you're in armor ready to fight at 10.
Weather cancellation policy: We fight in all conditions. I will cancel only in the case of serious risk of injury to attendees.

Jos
Warlord, House Blackspear
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Finn
Freshmeat

Re: Talbot Springs Fights

Post by Finn »

:) Can I stand with you guys?
Finn
Sergeant of St. Aiden
Really Handsome Fighter in Red
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

i vote yes!
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Isn't the 6th the superbowl? Guess it is before it anyways. Well I have off that day so I can go to the party, why not fight the same day? Who is in?
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

WHO'S IN? WHO'S IN!

if your not there I'm dragging your ass out of your beds and taping you to a tree. EVERYONE is gonna be there right?! as far as Finn I have no problem providing were not being set-up.(no shoot'n me in the back).
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

I'm out. I need to help Becky prepare the party that ya'll are coming to afterwards.
My love for you is like a truck..
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

I'm also out.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Sounds like our side has three, so I'll follow the rule of 4 and be there. (Wait, now I'm rereading, I think Dan is saying yes to Finn, not to fighting, cheeky bastard) Kevin and Clayson also expressed interest, but will need personal invites because they are special that way. Warlord, man the phone bank.
Mor Grendel

hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Not going to be ready by this (first weekend) weekend
Last edited by hypo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cuz people want to nit pick every word
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, all.

I would be up for it. Doug you have two weekends to get ready. Cool avatar by the way. Although, I thought you were a spearmen :)

Sincerely

Thomas
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Spear didn't look as cool in the version of the South-Park-anator I was using. I need to pad and make a chinstrap for my new helmet, and I don't have time or money to do that in the next two weeks. But I think by late Feb-March I will be ready
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
Finn
Freshmeat

Post by Finn »

No tricks, I offer my glave and my bow in exchange for a place to stand. NO politics either - Jos knows I'm standing elsewhere if I attend. My currently plan it to be there. I will move about as needed to equal the sides. We all know I can turn the tide of a battle to my advantage. :)

Finn
Finn
Sergeant of St. Aiden
Really Handsome Fighter in Red
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Warlord, I know a lot of people are singing the "My broken-ass-duct-tape-armor is kaput" blues. Mayhaps, a fix-your-@#^! day should be planned.

As for you Doug, you should be able to pad a helmet in an hour, and you know I've got plenty of foam and leather here. Stating a date like late-march is enough awaken the gremlins/rachel come and compel them to come your house and kidnap your helmet. You've waited two years, what's two more. :mrgreen:
Mor Grendel

Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

hypo wrote:Not going to be ready by this weekend
It is not this weekend, but the following one, your excuse is kaput!!
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

GRRR! you all are so literal THIS WEEKEND BEING THE WEEKEND LISTED. I HAVE NO MONIES! No legs, and I want to work on my helmet. If anything I just don't care to fight at all, but I will get myself up to it soon just not as soon as the 6th as I have a Washer to replace/fix, along with photo projects that are way over due to work on before Armour. So you can call them excusses, or as I say I have things I would raither do then fight in early February. 8)

Not that I every go to these practices anyways as they are on Sundays and that is church/family time for me.
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia