Pennsic 2012

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Titus
Galatian Citizen

Pennsic 2012

Post by Titus »

Dear Jason,

There is exciting news concerning preregistration this year. There are two big changes you need to be aware of.

First of all we are going to eliminate the the old antiquated way of paper check-in. We are moving into the 21st century with eTroll. You will check-in and sign your waiver on a tablet. Eliminating tens of thousands of sheets of paper. Hopefully speeding up your check-in time

Second - When preregistering online an adult will have the option of either paying the deposit for only the second week or for two weeks. The deposit amounts are $115 or $155. There is however a difference in refunds. If you preregister for two weeks the $40 difference is nonrefundable. For instance.. if you preregister for two weeks at $155 and the next day you request a refund you will receive $115.
There is another option when preregistering. You can preregister UNPAID which while it doesn't allocate any land it will speed up your check-in time. The information will be available at eTroll so you don't have to spend your time filling out the forms.

For more information about eTroll check out the registration web site

eTroll has been in the making for two years. Thanks to Maylene Waltz (my soon to be replacement) who has been vital in it's coming to fruition. We hope the changes will be met with the same excitement as "we" had developing it.

Fred Brezel
Registration Office
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Pennsic 2012

Post by MorGrendel »

Yeah, Just got that too.
So I get the no pay, no land aspect, but can you pay for one week and then show up early and pay the difference for the first week? I assume so since unpaids can pay at the gate.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

FYI. Rumor is East and Mid are siding together this year. I don't know if it is them against the world by design, but it should be.
Mor Grendel

hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Rumor is that it will be: East & Mid Vs Atlantia & Aethlemarc

Online pre-paid registration will be available until June 15th.
Online unpaid registration will be available until July 15th.

http://www.cooperslake.com/prereg/account/login.php
https://membership.sca.org/
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

So for those of you who are suprised by Pennsic, that's 5 months until Prereg closes and counting!
Mor Grendel

Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

So, someone one is going to have to take over land grab this year, as I will most likely not be able to make it.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy