Rome vs. Galatia melee practice

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Rome vs. Galatia melee practice

Post by ahrimen »

Spoke to Dominus yesterday. He's interested in doing this over the winter. He said Feb would be best. Boagrius said his field would work. Figure if we set this up now we could all try to make it.
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Re: Rome vs. Galatia melee practice

Post by Titus »

Would have to use no hammers. So that you don't break Rome. I heard they are allergic to them.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Over 80% of people are Hammer-Intolerant. That's a science fact.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

I think that's more like 100%. I have yet to see a person like to feel one on their back.
My love for you is like a truck..
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

I have severe hammer allergies myself.
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Weakens the immune system. I've been hitting myself with one to build up a tolerance. Side effects may include only being able to produce female offspring.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Hammers have been know to cause temporary retardation. Just ask Rachel *cough* Cook.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

Well, I should be back in the US in late Jan. So Feb sounds nice, I take it this is going to be a SCA caliber fighting? Its a good thing it will be against Rome since they all use big shields last I saw and I will need to practice on that!

As Far as hammers go, I think i'm going to be Very intolerant to them, I have not seen one in almost 4 years, not sure if the last Pennsic I was at if one was used at the Kamakazi battle, only one i fought in! Prob have to build up to them!
"Money can't buy Happyness but it can buy Jagermister and thats kinda the same thing"

-Loki
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

Here is the update. Jan 31 Chris's house 12-2 ish. Dominus has confirmed that date with me and will bring as many Romans as he can muster. We need as many of us as possible. This is 6 weeks away! Fix you armor, ready your weapons. Boagrius and I will be counting on you!
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

I have just bought my Flights to arrive on the 18th of Jan. I will start training now for this.... I hope you guys are running and sprinting for the cardio for this.... since the Zombies will out number us! Not sure what weapon i will use..... what do we have? I'll fight what ever... I would hate for use to loose to Rome on the first fight i come back to.......
"Money can't buy Happyness but it can buy Jagermister and thats kinda the same thing"

-Loki
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

Fear not. But keep in mind this is a friendly practice. They have extended to me how honored they feel to have been invited to fight us. Let's use this as a learning / training for both groups. Having said that..... let's not embarrass ourselves either!
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

Head count of possible fighters.
Dan
Chris
Jeff
Kevin
Serban
Doug
Ray
Clayson
Jason
Rachel
Tommy
Gregor
Daniel
That is best case 13
Gregor
Galatian

Post by Gregor »

I have yet to have a positive experience with Rome. I give this a 3.4% of improving my opinion of them. While I would like to fight and I would really like to hang with all of you, Rome is just above blackspear in my opinion. Work and weather will make my final decision.
The Greatest Archer in the known Universe
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

You know Gregor, I put those as good odds! Regardless I'm looking forward to fighting again with everyone! By the Gods I've missed this!!

-Loki
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Can't wait to see you Loki. Remember the first part of what is best in life, and we will.
Gregor get your skinny ass in some armor and let's show the Romans a good ole fashion ass whoppn'.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!