Rome vs. Galatia melee practice

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Re: Rome vs. Galatia melee practice

Post by MorGrendel »

Dan, Thanks for setting this up.

Chris, what do you think the status of the field will be at the end of Jan?
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

I will be there most likely, but I will not be fighting. Most of you don't know but I had an Airborne Jump accident in November that I am still healing from. My parachute tried to choke me out and kidnap me from the drop zone. Messed up my shoulder but it is healing. Not 100% yet, not even 85% yet.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, Jason.

Glad you are on the mend. It sounds like a very scary experience!

Sincerely

Thomas
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Out of curiosity, T-10 or T-11?
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

I think it was Doug who told me your parachute tried to kidnap you. Didn't realize the extent of your injuries though. Hope you get well soon.
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

Bummer, so how long did they say you are out? I was hoping to get some Snow in this winter too!

Can you paint?....lol
"Money can't buy Happyness but it can buy Jagermister and thats kinda the same thing"

-Loki
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

Thomas, will we have your bow?
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

T-11, super gusty winds. Hit the ground and did about three PLFs before I stopped. Ended up with the main lift web and helmet wrapped around my neck. Got drug feet first over 100 meters. Managed to get one canopy release and jettison the helmet halfway through. The second canopy release was somewhere behind my head so I could not reach. A guy finally caught up to me and jumped on me, and the chute still proceeded to drag us both. Ended up cutting a crap ton of suspension lines that I know really pissed off the riggers. Now Fritz is probably the only one who understood half of that.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Yeah I can still paint, but I am working on packing everything up. Getting ready to move again.
~Titus, the Thawed

ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

I got just about 1/2
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Titus wrote:T-11, super gusty winds. Hit the ground and did about three PLFs before I stopped. Ended up with the main lift web and helmet wrapped around my neck. Got drug feet first over 100 meters. Managed to get one canopy release and jettison the helmet halfway through. The second canopy release was somewhere behind my head so I could not reach. A guy finally caught up to me and jumped on me, and the chute still proceeded to drag us both. Ended up cutting a crap ton of suspension lines that I know really pissed off the riggers. Now Fritz is probably the only one who understood half of that.
I swear, that T-11 is out to kill us all. Sounds like you probably shouldn't have been jumping. The jumpmasters at Bragg are notorious for disregarding winds though.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Jason, sorry to hear that you are still banged up. Here I was worried about your hands and neck, turns out it was your shoulder. Best not to Google Parachute T-11.
Mor Grendel

Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

When it works properly, the T-11 is nicer when hitting the ground. The rate of decent is slightly slower, so the impact isn't quite as bad. I've only had one jump with the T-11 and I loved it (it might have some thing to do with the fact that it was my very first jump). It is, however, a more intricate chute, and as such has more moving parts so to say. That means it's more prone to...not work properly...than the tried and true T-10D, some version of which has been in service since WWII.

Captain Tightpants
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

I'll most likely be out also bc of my shoulder. Still haven't been cleared by the doctors
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Less than 4 weeks away. Fix your gear.
Mor Grendel