Steppingstone Demo - May 9th and 10th

Notify us of your events..(Markland, SCA, 5k run, Airsoft, etc) Want to invite us to attend your event. Publish your event here for discussion and consideration.

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Steppingstone Demo - May 9th and 10th

Post by MorGrendel »

From Fulk:
Here is the flyer for the Steppingstone Demo. Hope you guys can make it on Saturday.

Steppingstone Museum is a nonprofit educational facility in Harford County and they are hosting their Medieval Days event on May 9th and 10th.

We are running a demo for this event to add to the educational history component and share our talents and information about the Middle Ages with the public. We also have a melee practice for those of you who enjoyed the war muster we hosted at the church but asked for camping, we can offer more space, camping, and more fighting on Sunday! We will also be putting on a timeline fashion show for the mother’s day tea that is a museum fundraiser Sunday afternoon at 1pm, let the autocrat know if you have some fabulous and accurate historic clothing to share.

Fighting and Armoring- Heavy and Rapier

Target and Combat Archery and Siege Weapons

SCA Equestrian activities Coursing of Hounds Arts

and Sciences Displays and Demonstrations Bardic Arts- Performer’s Revel Children’s Crafts and Games

*Changes this year due to 2 weddings Sat night- one SCA and one rental- Demo area will be between buildings but fighting moved toward the front field,

Camping and Sat night revel will be at the Studio building at far end of parking lot- SCA parking will be in the field behind the main parking lot- you can unload and then park* You can set up Friday night or Saturday morning and camp over both nights at Steppingstone with a period encampment or modern tents (in a separate area).

Please join us for a quiet camping evening Friday or come on Saturday morning. This is a beautiful site and they are trying to preserve many of the traditional trades and handicrafts that derived directly from those that we practice in the SCA. Their Excellencies may be selecting the Bright Hills Baronial Equestrian and Heavy Weapons Champions on Saturday. *TBA* Arts and Sciences Demonstrations and Displays are most welcome- the public loves seeing what we do and we all like to share our great work on ongoing projects and learn something new! Set up at tables in the display barn, small pavilion, or in additional pavilions. Tables and chairs provided in barn- bring tablecloths and display items.

The site opens for SCA at 5pm Friday evening for set up and closes 8pm Sunday night. Demo for the public runs 11am-4pm Saturday and Sunday. *For those attending the wedding it will be at 5pm Sat but will be much easier if you are demonstrating for the day, ie. Already parked and dressed* Demonstrators (SCA) are free, ($10 admission will be charged to the public during the demo hours so please arrive early to be set up before 11am either day).

This is also a great demo to invite people who want to see what we do. Mundane Food Vendors will be present during the museum’s event hours and we will host a bake sale both days, a potluck feast on Saturday evening followed by Bardic around the fire, and a Sunday leftovers lunch. Steppingstone is in the Susquehanna State Park so all Maryland State Park rules are in effect for camping overnight. Pets are welcome if well socialized, leashed and cleaned up after, wet during non-demo hours, smoking in paved parking area only.

Directions:
Take your best route to I-95 North of Baltimore or South of Philadelphia to Havre de Grace, exit 89 onto MD-155 West. Make a right onto N. Earlton Rd., merge onto Webster-Lapidium Rd., then stay left on Quaker Bottom Road to the entrance to Steppingstone Museum. There are brown park signs directing you to Susquehanna State Park from I-95 and then to Steppingstone Museum from MD-155. If you arrive early and the gate is closed, you may enter on the left (outgoing) side to come in for setup. (6 minutes off of I-95)
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Re: Steppingstone Demo - May 9th and 10th

Post by Titus »

I plan on attending this one. It was good last time Cook, Thommy and I went. There was a fourth, but I can not remember who.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I plan to be at this one too.
Mor Grendel

boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

I've been to this yes I know it's good. Mike maybe going b
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Let's make a plan to go to this. Who's in.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Sorry, birthday party for Becky's grandma that day. Have fun! =)
My love for you is like a truck..
Gregor
Galatian

Post by Gregor »

I will try and make it.... ill give it a probably.
The Greatest Archer in the known Universe
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, All.

Mother's day weekend I'll be out of town.

Sincerely

Thomas
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

So who's going I've got

Me
Mike
Gregor (the shield breaker).

Anyone else ?
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

also unavailable.
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

So three.
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, Chris.

I will be at my mom's all weekend for mothers day.

Sincerely

Thomas
Mgettier
Freshmeat

Post by Mgettier »

I will be there without a doubt, looking forward to getting back
Every full moon has a dark side, it's your job to find it.
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

So the fighting was good, the crowd was nice ,mike did well and then broke his armor, I injured to people. Basically it was a somewhat normal event.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Hi Mike, when you get a chance please post your contact information under the Galatian Contact List in the Galatian lounge. It'll make communication easier and keep us in contact with you. Glad to have you back.

Let me know if you got any of my private messages. That didn't seem to work for me. Thanks.
Mor Grendel