new possible pennsic rules

General SCA/Markland-related discussion

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

new possible pennsic rules

Post by ahrimen »

i pulled this off a message board on FB its been changed in the thread but this was where it started (i didnt want to post the whole thread here) i honstly dont think this will ever happen but it would be cool at a smaller war, like a markland war.

First off we start with a map of the known world. Kingdoms can only attack bordering kingdoms, seafaring kingdoms can additionally attack all kingdoms with a sea border.

The Crowns of each Kingdom would be given an deck of "Action cards"

The Action cards are what the kingdom will do on their turn. The deck will have 4 melee cards (Woods, Field, Castle, Broken field/Mountain pass) 4 champion cards (Belted, Unbelted, Rapier, Archery, all matching numbers), 2 Mass point cards (Clout Shoot, Advancing warrior shoot).

During their turn the monarchs of the respective kingdom will play one of their cards.

i.e. Lochac attacks Trimaris with Belted Champions.

If the attacking kingdom wins it picks a card from the losing kingdoms action deck. If the attacking kingdom loses it loses a card. Cards are chosen at random from the deck face down.

The kingdom that takes the last card from an opposing kingdom gets all that kingdom's assets. That's right, their army, the champions, their archers etc.

No kingdom can be attacked more than three times in a day. (it's to protect the participants. Imagine fighting more than three woods battles in a day?)
(I've got to gameplay this to see how this works it might be as high as 5-6)

Every kingdom will play an action card round every day.

Played cards are discarded.

Captured cards can be played on any subsequent hand

Turns are based on order of precedent on the first round and reverse order on the second and so on and so forth.

Gameplay continues until one side rules the entire world.

Field Utilization

I've discussed the option of "full utilization" of the fields and facilities with Vicountess Eilika (the battlefield coordinator of many past wars) and she said, "Sure we could do it, but marshals would be the problem". To address this, the combating kingdoms would have to supply the marshals.

Additionally, SCA combat conventions apply. No more than 4 on 1 attackers vs. defenders, but a larger army can hold the rest of it's forces in reserve if the defending kingdom successfully repels the initial attack.

In theory and with enough marshal's we can have as many as 18 different action events happening simultaneously!

The 4 to 1 rule

i.e. The East attacks Drachenwald with Field battle. The East has 600 to Drachenwald's 20. Only 80 of the East's army can attack Drachenwald in the initial engagement. If Drachenwald survives the initial engagement then other Eastern units can pursue the victory with Drachenwald but not to exceed the 4 to 1 rule.
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia