New Blackspear Warlord

General SCA/Markland-related discussion

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Titus
Galatian Citizen

New Blackspear Warlord

Post by Titus »

Greetings Blackspear and Friends,

After much deliberation and discussion, I have decided to step down as Warlord of Blackspear for a time. My work and family obligations have taken me from my passion far more time than I have liked. Regrettably, my work and family will take me away from my household responsibilities more in the coming months. Sean has accepted my recommendations and has chosen another to take command of Blackspear. A good friend who has demonstrated exceptional skills and leadership far in advance of my own: Lord Joscelin d'Outremer, Squire to Sir Andrew the Grey, Sergeant of St. Aiden, Principle of the Kraken, and recipient of Storviks Silver Selkie.

I have been honored to have been given the privilege by Baron Sean to lead for the past seven years. I have been deeply honored that the fighters of Blackspear have chosen to follow my command even when I was leading them to certain peril. It has long been my belief that if we are not pushing the envelope, and therefore occasionally making mistakes, that we would not advance in skill. The fighters of Blackspear have demonstrated their trust in me time and time again by accepting direction even when they perceived it might not end well. There is no greater respect than this! My Blackspear brothers and sisters have simultaneously remained astute and taken advantage when they saw opportunity arise of their own volition - an obvious extension of our beliefs that we must take chances in order to grow and achieve. It has been difficult to remain humble leading such a force willing to lead us to victory. I know that you already respect and trust Sean's choice in Jos. I hope that he will continue to take chances and to make mistakes and to lead us victory!

For now, I will be even more honored to stand among you as another dog soldier. I will bring my glave and bow to stand among you in the defense of Atlantia as we have done for so many years. I will make myself available for training and command as Jos and Sean see fit. I will continue to help the household grow. I will continue to represent Blackspear and Atlantia as a Sergeant of St. Aiden furthering our excellence in melee.

Yours in Service,
Lord Finn O'Donovan
Proud Former Warlord of Blackspear
Still Handsome Fighter in Red
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy