Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Outdoor shower

Post by MorGrendel »

Missy sent me this:

Outdoor shower
http://www.marthastewart.com/265639/coo ... his-summer

It reminds me to keep our plan simple. Chris, I think you should see how SMALL you can make our design. I think the shower upright should mount directly to the floor. We also need to devise a way to stake the floor down. I'm also wondering if we could build a shower ring that utilizes the shower upright and possibly another stability pole.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Re: Outdoor shower

Post by Titus »

I was thinking one 4x4 dropped into a with a metal ring with curtain on it. I just don't like the space a 10'x10' tent takes up. I was hoping for a 5'x10 at most. I was hoping not to have to dig after diggin out that moster kitchen spot last year.

"Stupid rock. Why does the rock have to be in the kitchen?" Because I said the rock has to be in the kitchen.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

What about making a 3' x 3' pallet out of composite decking. as the main platform for the shower. Then drive a 4" x 4" X 8' into the ground for the shower head and mount the shower head and add a hook for the Tankless heater. Then make a second platform (doesn't really matter the size) as the staging area. make a tarp tent around the shower and a shower curtain to separate the shower from the staging area. I also think we should add a shower shelf to the 4x4 that way most of the shower is just the 4x4 and platform.
CampShower.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Just found this on Craigslist. http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mat/2483258258.html
$27.50 for a 5' x 2' Wooden Deck Tile platform. I say buy two and you have a 5' x 5' platform that breaks down into 20 1' x 1' blocks.

downside is its in Elizabethtown PA. about 2 hours away. and we would have to get it. (PS not on the way to pennsic, less you take these directions :D)
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

@Morg. That is kinda exactly what I was thinking. Everytime I look at the green part though I think toilet. Took me awhile to think chair. I was like, what is that.
@Hypo. You found a way around alot of tolls with that route. Cute them by 3/4s for only about another hour of driving. Looking at Google maps, you can cut up at 99 off the Turnpike and take 422 all the way to Coopers Lake. Has anyone ever taken this? How are the mountains along that road, gas stations?
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

if you do the same route with Google maps straight to Coopers it says its 5-10 mins faster. only driving it will truly tell.
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
boagrius
Galatian Citizen

Post by boagrius »

Shower is going to be 6ftx6ft with a heavy duty bench built into it. it will break down into 2ft x 6ft and lay flat. it's easy to use and assemble.
what is best in life,to crush the enemy, se them driven before you and hear the lamindation of there women!