Battle Map

General SCA/Markland-related discussion

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Battle Map

Post by MorGrendel »

Hey so we won the day, they gave us the battle map, how's about an update to the main page.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Re: Battle Map

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, all.

The map is pretty cool. I'll chip in a couple bucks to get it edge if the you lads want?

Sincerely

Thomas
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

What update do you have in mind?
My love for you is like a truck..
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

We should have it painted with the wins and loses, edged and grommeted to be hung.
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Just saying its been a year, someone besides me should write an update.

If I write it, it will just be doom and gloom, we suck we could have done better, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Hey, and where is my link in Lore for the Phoenix?
Mor Grendel

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

You, Titus and I have access currently to update the newsfeed on the main page. If anyone else volunteeres, I can give them access as well.

Also, if anyone else simply wants to write a blurb, write it here, and I can put it on the front page.

As I have not been at the war, I cannot write anything about it.

And Go! ;)
My love for you is like a truck..
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

WAR! us WIN! Them LOSE! now WE have map hahahahah! ( thats all i got)
It’s not arrogance when you’ve bled for it.
Ahrimen Rex - Former Warlord of Galatia
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

MorGrendel wrote:Just saying its been a year, someone besides me should write an update.

If I write it, it will just be doom and gloom, we suck we could have done better, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Hey, and where is my link in Lore for the Phoenix?
Galatians fight better in the shadow of Ancyra Hill. It draws them back, shelters them, and reminds them, that this field is home. It motivates them to fight harder to clear the enemy from the field, and it calms them to steel their nerves and their tongues.

The fighting was fierce, the death toll was high, but a small crack unit of Galatians did overcome all opponents. As always the Galatians excelled on the open fields, but it was in the hut battles that they really showed their metal. As soon as the enemy felt safe hidden away in a hovel, the Galatians burned them out. They were no match for their Celtic savagery and determination.

When asked to take the castle, the Galatians summoned their brawn. They pushed in with the spearhead of Romans, and when the moment was right and all eyes were on the crease of red, they shot out like a cannon to the perpendicular left, and surprised those looking to exploit the Roman flank. Within a moment, the Galatians were intermixed in the enemy rank, killing indiscriminately. So embedded were they that the enemy could offer no counter-attack or draw aim on them with a bow. They fell quickly, spirit broken. Later, when the enemy got to return the favor, they were ejected from the castle by a mighty Galatian counter-charge, and when the battle was called, and old Galatian Warlord still stood despite being surrounded.

But this is just one example of the Galatian Prowess. When the battles were done, the master of the day’s events sought out the Galatians. Knowing that the foppish court is of no comfort to the Celts, he called the fighters together on the battlefield. Though their numbers were small, the Galatians were awarded the honor of Best Unit. They were given the battle map, so that they might remember their many conquests throughout the day. Gifts and kind words were lavished upon the White and Black; one comment in particular humored the narrator: “Galatians fight hard and never stop; they take their blows and never argue when others don’t take theirs. They are gracious fighters. They don’t bitch and complain. They make fighting fun. They are everything a SCA unit should be.”

High praise for a bunch of Celtic mercenaries.

Congrats to Penseur (Raymond, that’s right I named him) on authorizing. Hooray! Shields.
Mor Grendel

MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Web Master: I could not figure out how to post the above on the main page, please post.

Holder of the Map: Please take a picture of the map, it would be nice to include.

Web Master: Please, Please, Please add the Phoenix link to Lore.
Mor Grendel

hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

www.galatia.us/cutenews
you should have the username and password. If not text Serban and he will text you back.
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

See Lore, updated with small and large Phoenix.
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia