Squire Loki

General SCA/Markland-related discussion

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Squire Loki

Post by Lokki »

So I wanted you guys to hear this from me and not from some facebook post from someone, I'm going to be a Squire.

I will be squiring to Sir Nathan Blacktower, who i have been training with for over a year now. This feels right to me and is the next step in my fighting.
"Money can't buy Happyness but it can buy Jagermister and thats kinda the same thing"

-Loki
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Re: Squire Loki

Post by Berserker »

Sweet! We're going to have a knight in Galatia! =) Grats Kevin!

Do you forsee any conflicts of interests being a squire with our group?
My love for you is like a truck..
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

To my knowlege the shortest term a squire here in Lochac has ever done is 3 years. We'll see how i can do.

As far as conflict. Personally I don't think there will be, if by the VERY long chance that there is, I would think they would make a exception.
"Money can't buy Happyness but it can buy Jagermister and thats kinda the same thing"

-Loki
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Loki wrote:To my knowlege the shortest term a squire here in Lochac has ever done is 3 years. We'll see how i can do.
Best of luck. I think you have what it takes to pull it off. Are you guys still going to be down under for that long? In any case, I expect you'll have a lot to teach us when you're able to move back to the States. I very much look forward to it.

I wish I could swallow my pride to get that kind of training. I don't think I could stomach the politics, especially if they treated me like I've seen most squires treated. The heirarchy reminds me of an imitation of my day job, and I don't think I could tolerate having to 'pay my dues' in a yet another organization. I've been responsible for real troops in real war. I don't think I could put that aside for a knight-squire relationship. I hate that I can't, but it is what it is.

*edit* Sorry if I seemed to be hijacking the thread. My apologies for going on a self-centered rant.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Captain Tightpants
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Congrats Kevin. I imagine things are different in Lochac, then here in Atlantia, so I say roll with it. I look forward to swinging stick with you soon.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

You know, if they don't make you a knight by the time you come back, you can always just enter one of their tournaments for king and win it! Then they'll have to make you a knight ;)
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

Fritz,
Every knight is different, a good relationship is more of a Master and Apprentice one in learning a martial art. Yes there is a kind of disaplin, but i'm not coming over to wash his fucking car. More likely he would sudjest that i fight sword and buckler; and he will probably enjoy the learning curve. I would not agree to this unless the relationship was this way, we also have disscoused a few other understandings and expectations.

Morg,
Lochac and Alantia are very different, However there are always a few bad eggs to spoil the dozen.

Berserker,
I may try that. They still have quite a few VERY good fighters, the question is if any of them would want to be king. It is VERY expencive to be king in Australia, you have to get to at least 5 events in your 6 months of being king. estimants are that you would have to have saved up $3,000 to pay for the air fare and the bids for you to come to a event will not cover all your expences, however the SCA at the barony that you visit would likely put you up at there place when you come to visit.

-Loki
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

Thats awesome loki, congrads
Gregor
Galatian

Post by Gregor »

Best of Luck!! I hope it works we well as you want it to.
The Greatest Archer in the known Universe
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

So I'm a Squire now...

After I got my belt and while I was putting it on, I noticed that on the inside it said, +1 toughness, +1 armor.

ROFL

-Loki
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

Hahaha, nice!
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Swear to god, At a recent event Chris stabbed Theron in the belt, and he said he didn't have to take blows to the belt. As we stood there agog, unable to believe he just confirmed what we always thought, and old knight said, "I didn't know that, I need to get a bigger belt."

Don't be that guy.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

Wow... Well I was kidding. If that guy is the dude with the red feild and a gold bird then i know him and he is a dick.

Red, and White belts should make you more honorable and so you would not srugg off good blows. However its hard to find a White belt that is a crap fighter.

-Loki
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

What he said was "That hit my belt" But he meant it Grazed his belt, but it was still f'ing hilarious. Morg and I were just cracking up saying stuff, like we knew it, and finally one of them confirmed.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy