Name Change

General SCA/Markland-related discussion

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Titus
Galatian Citizen

Name Change

Post by Titus »

I was thinking of changing my medival name and was wonder where would be a good site to look at for Celtic names. Finally decided to drop this silly Roman name that I have kept for quite a few years.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
ahrimen
Galatian Citizen

Post by ahrimen »

aww! i like your silly roman name. it adds dimension to the group. besides fritz has a silly roman name too and you dont want him to feel left out.
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

He already stands out. He is the only Galatian with a college degree and Beserker does not count. He is a foreigner, or at least he was. He is expected to have a degree, he has drive and desire. He is foreign.

*Itsa me, Serbona!*
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

You could always go with a compromise. Amyntas, for example, sounds Roman, but was actually the last King of Galatia
Ratatosk
Freshmeat

Post by Ratatosk »

Actually, Amyntas is a Macedonian name. But considering tha Greco-Macedonian was the dominant culture in the eastern Mediterranean in the years between Alexander and Augustus, it does not surprise me that the name would pop up on a Galatian king.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I was always a fan of Segovesus and Bellovesus (I'll have to check the spelling). "He who can kill" and "he who can conquer" respectively I believe. However, I've always liked Titus as it is one of the only eight names used in the Book of Galatians.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

Pppfffish a new name!!?? what is getting into everyone?? :shock: why change your name Tightass Pantalones? Titus is a fine strong name besides ask Bezerker you don't need a persona anyway!!
"Money can't buy Happyness but it can buy Jagermister and thats kinda the same thing"

-Loki
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

I agree with Loki! My persona is a viking (by name) with a romanian accent who dresses like a celt, has bearclaws as his symbol and when royalty asks for the name replies with "Serban - read as Sir Bon" which always prompts them to stare down at the belt..

And Loki is a god! Anough said there!
My love for you is like a truck..
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

well...only half god and half Giant being a god only gives you some cool abilites and permition toenter and leave Asgard as you whish... besides some gods get killed by "missle toe" so whats so great about being a good. Being Loki just lets ppl not be saprized by my actions...gets right to the point.
"Money can't buy Happyness but it can buy Jagermister and thats kinda the same thing"

-Loki
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

You got to love Loki, spelling. It is atrocious. I will translate.

saprized = surprised
permition = permission
missile toe = mistletoe
good = god

And I have decided to keep my name. Dan's comment way up top convinced me to keep it.
~Titus, the Thawed

MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

/ rant
picking on people's spelling and grammar in post never ends well, and should be avoided. Heck, it should probably be a MB rule.
/end rant

But some times you just can't help it....

I like that he capitalized the "G" in giant like the grocery store. I guess they won the fresh produce war in Asgard and now that's all you can find around the gates (well, that and maybe Cheeseburger in Paradise, go figure). Who knows, maybe you can buy sap-rized donuts (sugar raised donuts; me like donuts) at the Asgard Giant.
Mor Grendel

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

No no, the Cheeseburger in Paradise is a trademark of a different set of gods. Asgard would have Cheeseburger in Valhalla.
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

I stand corrected.
Mor Grendel

Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

:P
Lokki
Galatian Citizen

Post by Lokki »

As long as it still has them deep fried onion fries i don't care. :D

-Loki