update on Titus (August)

General SCA/Markland-related discussion

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

lilkender
Warrior In Training

update on Titus (August)

Post by lilkender »

Titus says he has moved for about a month (still in Iraq), and he can't check the board from the base he's at now. He does have email, so drop him a line and let him know how the fighting went at Pennsic. PM me if you need his email, I don't want to post it publicly.
lilkender
Warrior In Training

Post by lilkender »

For anybody sending him gift packs, his shipping address hasn't changed.
lilkender
Warrior In Training

Post by lilkender »

Titus is doing okay, still can't get to the forum. He says his request to move out of Alaska was granted, now he's waiting on the paperwork before he puts in a request for Maryland. He misses everybody.
That is all!
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Thanks, for the update. I'm still in the process of writing him all the happenings from Pennsic this year.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
lilscutt
Galatian Citizen

Post by lilscutt »

Hey guys and gals some news on jason, family recieved an email on sep.3rd and hes doing great. He said they have had a couple of unexpected guest and they have kept them busy. If you hear anything about Karbala that is probally the nearest city hes near.
lilkender
Warrior In Training

Post by lilkender »

Titus says do not send any packages or mail to him after October 1st. They are preparing to come back (will be a few months yet but those are the rules).

He does check his email, every few days or so.

Hey MorGrendel I would also like to hear about all the happenings from Pennsic this year!
Berserker
Galatian Citizen

Post by Berserker »

ok, just sent him some jerky since it's not october yet.
My love for you is like a truck..
lilkender
Warrior In Training

Post by lilkender »

Yeah I realized if I sent one today the postmark will say September, so he can't get in trouble for that!
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Day 373: Okay, Titus has been with the MiTT team longer than a month now. It is going on three months now. It looks like he will be staying there until his replacement arrives in country. It is okay because I think he likes it there better.

He went on a few convoys the other day. He said the team had like four of them in two days. He went on three of them and the one he did not go on got hit by an IED and found another one. Talk about lucky. No one was hurt though, so that is good. Just equipment damage, and Iraqi equipment at that, which turns out to all be paid for with American tax dollars anyways.

Titus says he should be leaving Iraq in early December. He volunteered to stay last. It is an extra thousad dollars for about a week. He got an extra thousand dollars for this month since he volunteered to come early to Iraq last year, so it all works out in the end.
Last edited by Titus on Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Thanks for the update, but who is giving the update?
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
Fritz
Galatian Citizen

Post by Fritz »

Judging by the quality of the typing, I think it is the Treasure Hunter himself. He's probably just enjoying being able to act totally insane and use the excuse "I'm in Iraq!"
hypo
Galatian Citizen

Post by hypo »

Well Nugget, says he is confussed and nugget may want to drop kick Titus in his head
hýÞö, Aka-Guðmundr Feitrháls Þórsson, Aka-Nugget. Aka-Cramman Ruithais
The Order of Ansuz
Citizen of Galatia
MorGrendel
Warlord

Post by MorGrendel »

Mor Grendel like talking in third person. Reminds Mor Grendel of Grimlock, leader of the Dinobots. Mor Grendel likes Dinobots.
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
lilkender
Warrior In Training

Post by lilkender »

I don't know who is posting, either he went somewhere he was able to check the board or he gave his password to a family member ? I'm kinda curious!
Of course there's always the third option - he IS talking in the third person because Iraq has finally driven him crazy!
lilkender
Warrior In Training

Post by lilkender »

Titus sent more photos... wait til next week if you want to read the captions with them.
http://lilkender.smugmug.com/gallery/3791194