Chet is in the hospital

General SCA/Markland-related discussion

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

MorGrendel
Warlord

Chet is in the hospital

Post by MorGrendel »

FYI

Bad news - Chet is in the hospital. He went in on Monday, October 8th for back surgery and during the procedure, he developed a blood clot in either his kidneys or his legs. It has moved to his lung, but they can't be sure that's exactly what it is because of an allergy to the dye they would have to use to test it. He was on 100% oxygen a few days ago, but now he's down to 60% and the hope is that he'll be on 40% by the end of the week. With any luck, the clot will be reabsorbed back into his system.

They can't give him meds while they're holding him there because of his recent surgery, so they're keeping him in a state of semi-consciousness (and we all know how much Chet loves to be immobile). For the time being, Joan has stated that it is not the time for visits just yet. She just wanted to let everyone know that's where Chet was, and there will be more information as it becomes available.

Though there is no additional information as of yet, Jen Conkrin has agreed to be Joan's Markland phone contact, and has asked me to make her home number available to you. It is (215) 295-1776.

Please keep Chet and Joan in your thoughts and prayers!

-Mary Beth
Mor Grendel
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.
lilkender
Warrior In Training

Post by lilkender »

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Mojo for Chet!