girl armour

SCA/Markland-related Links, Information, and Guides

Moderators: MorGrendel, hypo

Rachel
Galatian Citizen

girl armour

Post by Rachel »

So with some prospective recruits in the works I'm going to start posting resources for making girl type armor in here that I have found usful starting with this

http://swordmaiden.com/wp-content/uploads/cbelt.pdf

To construct a C belt that will comfortably fit a womans hips and evenly distribute the weight of leg armour. I have made myself the pattern but not the actual belt yet.

Another tip, when fitting body armour wear a sports bra like you will when you fight or arch in it or the fit will be a bit off.

As you go through the armour making and fitting process ask any questions you have here and I'll try to help.
kiara
Galatian

Re: girl armour

Post by kiara »

Ok thansk so much for your help.
kiara
Galatian

Post by kiara »

Ok question one What is A C Belt titus didn't know either...
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good Day, ladies.

I do have loaner armor that you can use until you get your kits togather. Myself being smallish my armor may fit better then some of oh say chris's armor. Just let me know what you need and what events you will be at and we can make plans to get what you need.

Sincerely

Thomas
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

The design was developed from a garter belt actually. I belive the "C" name comes from the shape of the tabs that come down from the belt that the armor gets actually hoked on. I have heard its very comfortable.
kiara
Galatian

Post by kiara »

Thanks racheal, tomas when would be a good time to get together and look at the gear you have so I can get some ideas of what i'm working with? Cause I would loveto just get my mind and body perpared for what it is going to be taking in, and how much my gear is going to weight so if you could let me know what is best for you that would be great.

Thanks Kaela/Kiara
Titus
Galatian Citizen

Post by Titus »

Thomas Fitzcharles wrote:Good Day, ladies.

I do have loaner armor that you can use until you get your kits togather. Myself being smallish my armor may fit better then some of oh say chris's armor. Just let me know what you need and what events you will be at and we can make plans to get what you need.

Sincerely

Thomas
*Cough, Cough* Practice last Sunday.
~Titus, the Thawed

"Me and Abed have an agreement, if one of us dies we stage it to look like a suicide caused by the unjust cancellation of Firefly." ~Troy
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

says the warlord who was late. btw, who is responcible for getting the fighters on the feild? *cough cough*
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

Thomas, will you be able to attend one of our wensday practices? maybe even the next one, which is actually two wensdays off. I would also like to learn combat archery to increase my versitility. I also have a fair amount of small loaner gear so I am confidant we can get them sufficiently armored and rolling if we can just all end up at the same place and same time.
kiara
Galatian

Post by kiara »

lol.
Thomas Fitzcharles
Galatian

Post by Thomas Fitzcharles »

Good day, All.

I can make the next practice all things being equal and bring the gear

Sincerely

Thomas
kiara
Galatian

Post by kiara »

Cool see you there!!!!
Rachel
Galatian Citizen

Post by Rachel »

Fantastic I look forward to seeing you all wensday. I'll bring all my extra bits too.
Kaliban
Anglesey guy

Post by Kaliban »

that style belt is not just for women .. it works for guys as well .. why because i had one made after talking with a jouster a few years ago ..
"Only the Dead have seen the end of WAR"